"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Challenge 138 - Love

This weeks Design Team Challenge was posted by Denise van Deventer.  

The requirements this week were:
  • Use Black cardstock as part of your background base 
  • Use Chipboard
  • Add some fussy cutting

I just loved this challenge and had to try my hand at it. I created my layout using photos of my niece Natalie's wedding recently.. loved these photos of them on the beach.


I used black cardstock as my background and some awesome Chipboard swirls from RM crafts to add to my layout (I painted half of it white and kept some black).  I then fussy cut my flower and the title was fussy cut too (yes, I know I own a Cricut and Siloutte, but wanted to go back to my roots a bit..LOL).




Fussy cutting the title is still fun if you don't have an electronic machine.. remember to just use Word or Powerpoint, find a nice font, print out your word in reverse on the BACK of your cardstock / paper and cut it out.. Voila.. easy peezy..



Hugs, Mich

.

3 comments:

  1. All that fussy cutting must have taken a lot of patience, not to mention time, but the end results is well worth that effort and time! Gorgeous layout, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the homespun look of the fussy-cut title! This layout is absolutely stunning! I would never have thought of using that lime green for this, but I'm really digging it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You probably notice that I often fussy cut my titles because firstly I love fussy cutting and secondly (shhh, don't tell anyone)that I don't have a die cut machine yet, huhu. Thanks for the inspiration Mich!

    ReplyDelete