"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lets Scrap 8-8-12 PLUS Dragonfly Tutorial

I created this layout at the recent retreat that I went on.  I just loved the sketch we had to work with as part of the DT at Let's Scrap and the layout came together perfectly.

This is this weeks sketch at Lets Scrap:

This is my layout that I created:

Closes-ups of left and right pages:



Closeups of elements used:





I created the dragonflies using a quick and easy technique.


DRAGONFLY TUTORIAL:

Step 1:  Punch out a flower using either a Daisy punch or the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Daisy

Step 2:  Chose 4 of the petals to create your "wings"

Step 3:  Cut them out 

Step 4:   Create a body for your dragonfly from scrap papers that you have. 

 I freehand drew mine, but if you need a template, here is one below.
That is it.. so quick and easy !   Hope you are inspired to add some cute dragonflies to your layout.

I used half pearls to do a trail below my  dragonflies.

Enjoy !

Hugs, Mich

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful LO and beautiful dragonfly - thanks for the tutorial! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Mich and also your cute dragonfly tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool dragonfly tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tutorial!! I would have never thought of using that to create a dragonfly!! You amaze me!! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Michelle....the dragonflies are lovely and look so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be going to remain ever-bright in heart. Lovely creation.
    haberdashery

    ReplyDelete