"My FAVORITE QUOTE"

Always carry a Camera.. life happens all around you.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

URGR8 & Barb Wire Tutorial

I find it very hard to find nice teenage embellishments these days, there are hundreds out for little boys and girls, but nothing for real teenagers, so I was very excited to find some chipboard wording and pattern paper the other day that was perfect for my teenage son.

However, I didn't know what to do to finish off the layout, so decided to add some BARB WIRE... I couldn't find the rubons so I decided to create my own.

I used this SKETCH from LETS SCRAP to help me create my layout.

Photos of my son were taken by UNIVERSAL EXPOSURE in Johannesburg.

Close ups of my layout:
I was very happy with the way the barb wire came out...

Following the theme of the pattern paper (all codes).. I done the same for the title..



TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN BARB WIRE ON YOUR PAGES:

Step 1: Decide where you want to put it on your layout. Once you draw the lines, you cannot rub them out ! LOL


Step 2: Using a thick black marker (I used a Sharpie), draw a wavy line or lines. I went over mine twice to make it nice and thick

Step 3: Now using the same marker, make small barb wires along the length of the wavy line. Just do random ones.. Use my below picture as a guide (think of M and W to inspire you)



Step 4: Now you need a white marker. Using this marker, highlight your black line and all your small barb wire edges. Try to stay in the middle of the black line.

That is it.. all done.. how easy !! Close up of barb wire effect.


Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you create your own boy pages using some barb wire effects...



Hugs, Mich

11 comments:

  1. Just popped over from Let's Scrap to check out the detail and learn how to make barbed wire! You make it look so very simple! I absolutely love this *very* masculine page you created for your son! You rock, MW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tutorial Michelle...easy peasie but it sure looks like a masterpiece! I even have both types of pens at home! thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to drop in and check out your barbwire, its awesome! and I am SO glad you have a tut on how you did it, off now to go have a play, thank you so much Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea Michelle....so effective!! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic guy layout Michelle and I love the tutorial on how you did the barbed wire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Michelle. Looks so easy to do, and looks so "GR8" on your layout. FYI there are a couple of barbed wire borders on the Old West cricut cartridge. I used one on a couple of cowboy, horseback riding layouts, and was very happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great way to jazz up your layout! Having 4 boys, I'm sure to find many uses for this. Thanks for showing a new tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this tut..... great, i sure will be using this one for sure
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped in from Let's Scrap and saw this tutorial Michelle...what a great idea. I will keep it in mind when I create a page that will fit this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DOn't know how I missed this one... this is so awesome love it... looks so realistic...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Michelle... love this!

    ReplyDelete